Invalid page fault in kernel32.dll

Greengage 11:23 05 Feb 05

Had this message come up yesterday and it related to my scanning operation at the time, telling me the fault was associated with Photoplus 8. I ran sfc which told me that it had corrected certain files but I still could not get scanner to function. I repaired Photoplus, uninstalled and re-installed in turn yet I was still getting the invalid page fault message even after running sfc again. Checked the threads on this site which led me to a link advising that I should run sfc and request it to "extract one file from the installation disk" which I did, following the instructions given. Previously I had been asking sfc to "scan for altered files" with the Windows 98se disk inserted.
The problem was cured but can someone tell me please why sfc did not pick this up and resolve it with the option I had been using - dll and system files are included in the settings.

Greengage 12:24 10 Feb 05

Bump

ACOLYTE 12:36 10 Feb 05

Not sure but maybe when you use sfc it doesnt replace files just corrects the way the OS see's then in relation to other programs that use the files,to replace the file you have to extract it manually,as for the scanner im not sure but maybe the files needed were not on the 98cd they were on the scanner driver cd.Just a guess im not 100% sure.

LimestoneRock 12:53 10 Feb 05

Many thanks

Greengage 12:54 10 Feb 05

Thanks Acolyte

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…