"Invalid filename" problem on mb cd

Legolas 18:15 30 May 05

I am trying to install the software for my new mb but when I insert the cd rom it begins to boot and then I get an "Invalid filename" error the same happens when I double click the icon in my computer any one any ideas of how to solve this problem?

leo49 18:37 30 May 05

Download the latest system/mobo drivers from the manufacturer's site seems the easiest solution.

Legolas 18:53 30 May 05

Thanks leo49 I should have thought of that. I managed to d/l some of the stuff from the web site although I would still like to get the cd running.

Joe R 18:57 30 May 05

Legolas,
I'm not sure if it will help you or not, but the autorun repair XP utility, has sorted a few different problems, with various optical drives.

click here

Eric10 20:51 30 May 05

Rather than double-clicking the drive icon in My Computer, try right-clicking it and choose Explore. If you can now browse the CD then it points to a problem with the autorun file. You should then be able to update any hardware in Device Manager by right-clicking it, choosing Update Driver and pointing the Wizard to the CD. There may also be setup programs inside some of the folders. If you can't browse the CD then that would suggest a faulty CD and the downloaded drivers would be your best option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now