Invalid email addresses

Forum Editor 01:09 08 Aug 03

We've noticed an increase in the number of forum members who appear to have invalid email addresses. When we contact a forum member we use the email address that was registered with us, and in many cases recently these appear to be no longer valid - they're being bounced. The same thing has happened on many occasions when we've responded to emails from forum members.

We must have a valid, working email address which we can use to contact you, and in future we'll consider removing forum access in cases where we get bounced messages. If you gave us an address which is no longer in use please update your details as a matter of urgency.

Mango Grummit 05:38 08 Aug 03

^

anchor 09:13 08 Aug 03

Refresh

tenaka 09:19 08 Aug 03

It's not just a problem here either.

You wouldn't beleive the number of support emails I deal with where the customer sends an email, I respond, they send a second one saying where's my first reply, etc etc until they write a snotty letter saying how bad our support is.

At the end of it, we find they had their return email address entered wrong into their mail client but they are so convinced that we are bad by this point that "sorry, let's start again" doesn't enter their minds most of the time.

Arrrrrggghhhhh

*ok, calm down, it's the weekend (almost)*

^^^

xania 10:44 08 Aug 03

Perhaps a note to help enquirers check that they are sending the correct return address.

JIM 11:07 08 Aug 03

I am sorry to say that I am guilty of the offence
mentioned due to circumstances beyond my control.

I tried to update of late my details, which is no
real problem, unfortunately on trying to transfer
changes, an auto reply said it was a requirement to change my user ID (Nic Name) as it was already in use.(which it would be at that time)

Would have liked to hold on to my user name on Forum. Can you assist with regards that item in change of my details?

As you say, PCadvisor must have a valid, working email address, which you can use to contact.
Hope you can assist.

jim.j

-pops- 11:07 08 Aug 03

Slightly off topic but yesterday I tried to send an email to [email protected] It wasn't xyz but it was three letters. A message was immediately flagged up, before even trying to send the email, that it wasn't a valid email address. I changed the recipient's name to oded at the same address (xyz-int.com) and it was accepted.

Am I missing something important here? Why should oded be accepted and gilad not? BTW the emails were to Israel and they are men's names in Hebrew.

pj123 11:20 08 Aug 03

JIM, I had the same problem as you some time ago. The FE very kindly restored my already existing ID for me, which has worked perfectly ever since. Maybe he can do the same for you.

Jester2K II 11:21 08 Aug 03

pops - its got nothing to do with the name but will have had something to do with the way you typed it. Maybe a space crept in or a comma instaead of a fullstop.

Mail programs don't valid the names just the format its typed in.

You can have [email protected]xtenstion you like and mail programs don't care. As long as it's typed in correctly.

A client had this problem and didn't realise that one or two entries in his address book had commas and spaces.

Try it again and it should work...

Smiler 11:23 08 Aug 03

Why not start a fresh topic and give everyone a chance to see your problem and respond. It could get lost in here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…