invalid activeX/com

leeknight67 21:55 16 Mar 05

I cant get into my computer, control panel, search page etc, i have run norton windoctor and it keeps finding this
problem and it says Invalid activeX/com entries (1 problem)
the activeX/com sections of your windows registry contain one or more invalid entries. this can cause documents to open inproperly applications not to run or your computer to crash.
I then click repair and it says it has but i then scan it again and it comes up with it again. please help i dont know what to do. its windows xp packard bell 2.59 ghz 256 mb ram

leeknight67 22:06 16 Mar 05

please help

Zaphod Beeblebrox 22:23 16 Mar 05

try crap cleaner and scan for issues it will pick up on activex problems and hopefully sort them click here

Zaphod Beeblebrox 22:28 16 Mar 05

double post click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:30 16 Mar 05

Download MS Antispy click here Ccleaner click here run them deleting all that they find. Sounds like a virus/worm. You need to run Ccleaner to cleasr out your temp files. If the above works you will need to turn off system restore to clear it and then turn it back on. Simply reverting back using system restore may not help.
You could also try Right click Internet explorer > Select properties > Click ADVANCED tab > Navigate down to "Enable third party browser extentions", and de-select (remove the tick) > Restart your computer. (if it is not there right click on IE, open IE and click on the "Tools" menu and select "internet option" you'll find the 3rd party browser extensions item in the "Advanced" tag.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…