Invaded!!!

emmos 19:52 01 Oct 04

Help I've beem invaded by richfind, it keeps defaulting the webpage and has put a search bar on the top of the page, I've tried at least half a dozen of the usual suspects to get rid of it but it will not go, I'm trying to use Hi jack this but do not know which entries to delete, 'cos when I've used it ,it still comes back - obviously there is something I'm missing. Dave

VoG II 20:02 01 Oct 04

Try CWShredder click here

emmos 20:03 01 Oct 04

Tried it - no joy!

georgemac 20:06 01 Oct 04

click here

found this using google - good luck!

Dorsai 20:08 01 Oct 04

dont know what you have tried already, so,

general advide would suggest a squared, adaware and spybot search & destroy.

in addition to those you have already mentioned.

All 3 are avaliable from click here go there, and search for the prog mentioned.

There are of course, other options avaliable.

Dorsai 20:09 01 Oct 04

I cant type.

emmos 20:09 01 Oct 04

I'll give it a go but please keep the ideas coming. Dave

emmos 20:13 01 Oct 04

spy-bot, spy blaster, cwshredder, alurias spyware adaware, spy sweeper.

emmos 20:13 01 Oct 04

spy-bot, spy blaster, cwshredder, alurias spyware adaware, spy sweeper.

rdave13 21:01 01 Oct 04

start comp from factory settings(after saving all naccsssary progs) reload only after getting firewall,anti spyware and anti virus. you might find a new lease of life in your comp!

Nellie2 22:17 01 Oct 04

Please do not fix items in a hijack log if you don't know what you are doing, a lot of what it lists is useful and even essential to the running of your PC, if you would like to post the log then I will have a look at it for you, you may find that you will need to post it in two parts due to the word limit here... and if you double space it then that would make it easier for me to read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…