inundated by virus infected e mail (netsky b)

clarendon5qx 17:31 05 Mar 04

I am being inundated with tthis virus. every day i receive about 5 or 6 e mails with the offending attachment. as far as i am aware i have not been infected. (AVG updated daily and norton stinger has been run.) recently i received an e mail from someone i have never contacted saying that an e mail i had (supposedly) sent them contained a virus.
Any ideas about what to do. do i just weather the storm tikk it burns out or is it time to change e mail?

john-232317 17:37 05 Mar 04

There are tons about..

Read about it here.

click here

john-232317 17:39 05 Mar 04

Sorry you can also check if it is on your PC from the link..

palinka 17:42 05 Mar 04

I'm with Freeserve and also use Bigfoot, which removes 99.9% of spam, but these netsky emails are something different. Just be very alert and delete anything suspicious, unopened. I had 2 yesterday - one apparently from someone I regularly correspond with, but name was writen a little oddly and subject (re your letter) made me suspicious; the other a "your mail could not be delivered"-type message that I had not sent.You have got your preview pane switched off, haven't you?

Kinder Scout 18:08 05 Mar 04

I would't open an attachment at the moment for all the tea in china.

PurplePenny 18:53 05 Mar 04

Netsky forges the e-mail address so don't worry about the e-mail saying that you sent an infected mail. At work we have far more trouble with the all the messages saying "the e-mail that you sent contained a virus" than we do with the viruses themselves.

[Well until a couple of days ago that is - when a virus was sent to a very large mail list, spoofing an address from someone within the organisation, and Sophos failed to spot it. It seems that a lot of people on the list opened the attachment! I'm glad to say that when the same virus popped up in my inbox at home AVG spotted it straight away.]

PP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…