Intoducing the BT Hub

I have jst got the BT broadband hub and want to connect it into my existing system. I have a netgear DG834G which also has an ADSL plug.

The existing network consists of 1 laptop connected wifi to the DG, 1 laptop connected 100ethernet to the DG and a linux (samba) unit also connected thus.

So how do I introduce the hub into this scenario?

1. Can I se the DG ADSL as well as or in some way with the hub line connection?

2. One arrangement might be to keep as is and wifi from the DG to the hub. This would mean 2 wifi connections for the wifi laptop. Anyone know how to set this up?

3. Other suggestions welcome, especially as to the simplest starter arrangement to get it all going?

Strawballs 12:28 03 Dec 06

You will have to replace the DG with the BT Hub, but unless it will give you other benefits and you DG is working fine I would leave alone reading some of the other threads to do with the BT Hub.

scareybus 16:12 03 Dec 06

You will need to give further information on why you want to change your present system.

I would suggest that you leave your system well alone if it works OK. However if you wish to use a BT VOIP phone or some other goody be prepared for a difficult set up process.

The BT hub isn't much better (faster/reliable)than my four year old ADSL modem and it intermittently "freezes up" especially during heavy rain (outside).

Why not leave the BT Hub in its box and use it as a spare for when the netgear finally "dies"?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced