interview question

PC_Qs 11:41 24 Nov 07

I am due for an interview on Monday and I am finding this question is a bit tough to answer. As an employer how would you expect an employee to answer this? Can you please assist me on this one.

Why did you leave your previous job?

Can anyone help with answering this question please?

SANTOS7 11:44 24 Nov 07

As an employer how would you expect an employee to answer this?

Honestly!!!

PC_Qs 11:49 24 Nov 07

I expect the employee to response in a positive way by suggesting you are now looking for a “more challenging experience” or looking to “diversify my existing skills”, or even “looking for a company closer to home”.

I am just finding it difficult to put a sentence together that will not mess up my chance to get the job.

The last thing i would want to say anything negative about my current position, ex-colleagues or my boss as this makes me look/seem dis-loyal. i think If i do that, you will NEVER get the job

Pamy 11:54 24 Nov 07

Have you actually left/dismissed from your previous job?

Not actually being currently employed will not look good anyway

PC_Qs 11:58 24 Nov 07

i am currently employed and have handed in my resignation. i will leave in 2 weeks. This interview is for Monday coming up. To be honest i am looking for a better paid job but officially do not want to say that. It is within the same field in Junior IT support.

SANTOS7 11:59 24 Nov 07

I,m with Pamy on this one leaving a job (whether you like it or not) before you have found another these days is a position i would not put myself in..

SANTOS7 12:01 24 Nov 07

Did you feel you had no career prospects at your present employ..

PC_Qs 12:02 24 Nov 07

I am currently employed but have handed in my resignation. I have also got a contracting job in hand to go back to. But there is another opportunity on monday where i will have a interview for a better paid job.

adamscomputers 12:03 24 Nov 07

Your best answer would be to say that you left your previous employer as you felt that they could not offer you good career oppurtunities.

Re word that so basically you say the other place was a dead end job with no prospects and that you would like to further your career in progressive company.

Good luck by the way, its a tough market!

nkosi 12:14 24 Nov 07

There are a lot of suggested answers here click here
and also other common interview questions and answers.

I wish you the best of luck, but remember that if you don't get it, the experience will make you a stronger candidate for the next time.

Enoch 12:27 24 Nov 07

Put yourself in the new employers position and then decide, as a prospective employer, what YOU would like to hear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…