InterVideo WinDVR picture but no sound!

phil2816 20:50 27 Dec 05

hey i really hope someone can help. I have a program called InterVideo WinDVR. The picture works fine but there is no sound there is just a "fuzz" sound (as if there was no picture?!). would sumone please help and maybe explain it basically because im bit slow with computers!! thanks a lot!

Skyver 21:43 27 Dec 05

What version of Windows do you have? How long have you had the sound problem? Have you tried updating the software, or uninstalling then re-installing it?

phil2816 22:18 27 Dec 05

Its windows XP (home edition). I would suspect it being the program itself. its strange because normal mp3/wave file play fine. Ill try reinstalling the program..do u have any other possibilities?thanks

Skyver 22:36 27 Dec 05

DVD video uses use a different decoder for audio, it's a bit more complex than a plain audio file; click here

phil2816 22:40 27 Dec 05

ok..that goes over my head a little!do i have to buy some sort of lead?(if so what one)or is there settings i need to enable?(thanks for the quick response!)

phil2816 22:46 27 Dec 05

It seems to be the 'CD/Video in' that is causing the fuzzing noise. Does this help?Any ideas? Cheers

Skyver 22:57 27 Dec 05

No the decoder(s) should do everything for you, one is decoding the video, the other for audio is obviously not working. Let's just clarify something; I'm assuming you want to stick a DVD movie in your PC drive and watch it?

phil2816 23:04 27 Dec 05

No, im trying to watch tv on my computer. I have linked an areal from my tv to my computer tv card. I have a picture just need the sound bit

Skyver 23:11 27 Dec 05

Try some of these suggestions click here

phil2816 23:17 27 Dec 05

this seems like a good site thanks!ill have a proper look tommorow.COuld you explain this to me though 'Verify that the audio cable is connected between the Line-out connector on the green AV/Tuner Box and the line-in connector on your sound card or audio device'...sorry im not very techy with computers!!thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…