Interruptions when playing you tube etc.

Vincent 12:54 PM 10 Aug 12

I used to be able to play videos on You Tube, and from BBC, etc. but I now have to constantly wait for these to load the next parcel of bytes. My internection connection is only about 2 magabytes, being down a lane, but this was never a problem in the past. I use Windows 7. How can I improve the experience, please?

difarn 15:24 PM 10 Aug 12

You could try

Clearing your browser cache and cookies.

Loading a You Tube video Right click on it Click on settings If hardware acceleration is enabled then uncheck it.

You can change the default buffer settings in Windows Media Player, use instructions below: 1.Start Windows Media Player 2.Click the View 3.Click Options 4.On the Advanced tab, click Streaming Media(Windows Media) 5.Click Change to alter the buffer settings.

You should also make sure that your network drivers are up to date.

If you log into your YouTube account there should be an option to enable the "I have a slow connection" option.

In BBC iPlayer are you using the lower bandwidth option which is at the bottom left of the screen?

Vincent 19:47 PM 10 Aug 12

Thanks very much. Will try all these.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED