Internet/small red crosses on web sites

Ramshackle 13:28 25 May 03

Hi all,
I wonder if someone can help,on some web sites I
frequently(but not always)get various boxes with red crosses in them.
I feel that there should be either a botton or an
illistration there instead, am I right and if so how do I cure it.
Thanks Ramshackle

Dr. Charles 13:56 25 May 03

Yes , if you see a box with a red X in it it is a picture which you are not seeing. Why I don`t know, but have you tried to move pictures on the web and got this? If so you have not moved them properly. Go to the piccture click on it /properties and you will see the web reference click on that and copy it. You can now move that picture around where you want.

If the above is not the case -- - it could be an advert stopping bit of software maybe? I hope this helps.

Regards,

Charles

Roland Butter 17:35 25 May 03

Sometimes the pictures will just not be available from the server, so are missing.
Have you checked your explorer settings? Worth a look. Tools > Options > Advanced. Make sure you have a tick in the show pictures box.

MartinT-B 17:38 25 May 03

Check this to be sure.

open IE :)->tools ->internet options ->Advanced tab ->scroll down and make sure that "show Pictures" has a tick.

Apply ->ok

Happy1 17:50 25 May 03

sometimes. I just assumed it was NAV blocking adverts. If it isn't I would like to know as well.

ami 23:27 25 May 03

right click on red cross then left click on 'show picture' sometimes works

Ramshackle 10:49 30 May 03

Thank you all for your help,
Ramshackle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…