internet/email go slow and iexplore.exe??

alienfingers 19:38 10 May 07

Over last 2 days, it has been taking ages for internet pages to load (literally minutes, with any pictures/menu bar sections loading one at a time-just like the old 56kbps moden days!)or my email to download. I'm on orange broadband with top speed of 7.6Mbps. I have Kaspersky 6.0 security on my pc and hacker alert came up this morning regarding IEXPLORE.EXE saying "executable file has been changed, should the program be granted network access". My g'friend clicked BLOCK and since then internet explorer will not work. It keeps saying "cannot open the search page". I have used firefox to get on net and redownload IE, and when tried using it the hacker alert came up again and I clicked ACCEPT this time but it still won't work. What I want to know is a) what is up with IE and how do I get it working again and b)is it anything to do with my internet/email being sluggish?

Ive ran full scan with Kaspersky and Ad-Aware and found nothing? Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

bretsky 21:52 10 May 07

Hi there,

"Over last 2 days, it has been taking ages for internet pages to load (literally minutes, with any pictures/menu bar sections loading one at a time-just like the old 56kbps modem days!)or my email to download. I'm on orange broadband with top speed of 7.6Mbps."

Join the club click here and it took me 3/4 hour to connect tonight. Cannot comment on IE as I do not use it...sorry

bretsky ;0(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced