internet works for about half an hour

dunkdonuts 14:30 09 Aug 09

After half an hour to an hour of web browsing using either firefox or ie7/8 it stops downloading. I can use google earth or my poker client without an issue. I have to reboot to correct whatever the problem is. nothing obvious from looking at the threads. nothing obvious from looking at power management (its a samsung r710 laptop). my pc doesn't have the same issue. any suggestions?

Graphicool1 17:40 09 Aug 09

Click on 'My Computer'
Right click C: (your OS drive)
In menu click 'Properties'
Click the 'Tools' tab
Under 'Error Checking' click 'Check Now'
click the box next to...
'Automatically Fix File System Errors'
Click 'Start'
A notice will say it can't do it until the next time you boot. Click 'Yes' and reboot

woodchip 17:50 09 Aug 09

Laptop is going into Power saver Mode. When used on Battery only. Go to Device Manager Network Adapters\Properties\Advanced change the Wireless Settings for Networking in drop down box

Stuartli 18:32 09 Aug 09

I'm puzzled by your ChkDsk advice which appears unrelated to the problem.

Graphicool1 17:32 10 Aug 09

Oops, what was I thinking! Still, no problem, it won't do any harm. It might even do some good.

dunkdonuts 07:33 11 Aug 09

tried all at once. not sure what fixed it but doesnt appear to be a problem now. thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…