internet working but no phone line?

Rubyiat 22:21 07 Apr 05

Here I am connected to Bt Broadband but the phone line is not working (was yesterday). How can this happen? Have tried phone/s in other sockets etc. Appreciate this is probably a BT thing but need to use dial up to access work computer tonight.

woodchip 22:23 07 Apr 05

Are you using a BB filter

Rubyiat 22:44 07 Apr 05

yes I have been using the filter, phone line and broadband connection quite happily for two years now. Bt web site just says call line fault number- it implies that you can have a broadband connection but no phone signal but doesn't explain why - very annoying

woodchip 22:52 07 Apr 05

Then they should put it right

Rubyiat 23:02 07 Apr 05

I'll be on to them in the morning. Thanks

Chegs ® 00:26 08 Apr 05

Its possible to still have BB without a usable phone.I had BT disconnect my home phone (a very long story)and I could still continue surfing via BB for months afterwards.It only stopped working when BT's monitoring discovered the line was no longer being used and terminated the connection completely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…