internet wont connect

martan 17:46 29 Sep 07

hi all
i cannot get to internet to go onto a laptop from a dlink di524 to a usb2.0 adaptor in the laptop when i try i get navigated away from msn i also cannot get the driver cd to install on the laptop can anybody help please martan

tullie 17:49 29 Sep 07

Wish i could,but cant understand your post,someone else will no doubt,sorry.

FreeCell 18:40 29 Sep 07

What operating system are you using?

Have you tried connecting the di254 to your PC using a network cable? Not sure if you are just having difficulty setting up the USB adaptor and getting the driver installed. Is it a dlink adaptor?

Best to get router set up and working using a network cable and then setting up wireless connection.

martan 18:58 29 Sep 07

hi freecell
just having difficulty with usb adaptor and getting the driver to install when i put the driver cd in the screen wont display for the wizard the adaptor is peak usb 2.0 martan

woodchip 19:16 29 Sep 07

You should load the driver before you connect the Modem. Go to Control Panel\System\Device Manager with the Modem Connected then where you see the coloured icon right click and choose uninstall, then do nor reboot but go back to Control Panel double click Add New Hardware choose Got disc when you see the button when it asks if you have one. Brows to the Disc

woodchip 20:04 29 Sep 07

You could also in Device Manager right click or double click the cloured icon and choose update driver click have disc. or uninstall as above then remove USB modem. Double click My Computer if anything other than Vista right click the CD DVD drive with the CD in and drag to desktop, choose copy hear, then start in Safe Mode By tapping F5 as the Computer Starts choose safe mode. When you get to windows Have a look in the CD contents that you copied to Desktop for a Setup or Install file Double click on it. After Restart Plug your Modem in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…