Internet without landline

fairyfae 17:56 15 Dec 07

Is it possible? My son is hoping to be able to connect to the internet without having to have a landline installed.

mfletch 17:58 15 Dec 07

You can by using a mobile phone,

mfletch

Sheik Yerbouti 18:08 15 Dec 07

click here

Not cheap though.

Paul M 18:33 15 Dec 07

I've no idea what the cost is but the computer I use for work has a slot for a 3G aircard which connects to the internet in the same way as a mobile phone connects wirelessly. It's a little slower than a landline connection and occasionally the signal is lost if you are in a remote/rural area but otherwise it works fine.

MAJ 19:54 15 Dec 07

Use the Mobile Network, if you can get a mobile signal you can get broadband, you don't need a phone line. click here

Ashrich 22:10 15 Dec 07

Hope he doesn't want to use it too much , £ 25 .00 / month for just 3 GB of downloads , not too sure what extra GB's work out at , a phone line might work out cheaper !!

Ashley

v1asco 22:43 15 Dec 07

plug in dongle
click here,
use where you want (if in range)

I have never used it, but it seems cheap.

It is on the 3 network which I have said on other threads I have always found fair.

Much more reccomending of 3 and I will get a job there and shares!:-)

norman47 23:42 15 Dec 07

DSL or cable internet is cheap, if you have cable in your area. It requires no phone line.

Also in some areas you can get sattalite broadband. This can be as little as £14.99 for a 4Mb download and 350Kb upload but the areas are quite limited.

In Scotland they were trialing internet broadband via the electricity supply. This was a trial and I don't know if it still available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…