Internet windows minimized

Krisps 15:13 30 Oct 03

Out of the blue my Windows Me system is opening all internet windows minimized.

Seems stupid, but I cannot locate a setting anywhere which enables me to re-set this back to normal.

Djohn 15:18 30 Oct 03

If you have not altered any settings, then it may just be due to the fact you are closing them down while they are minimised. They will open in this way the next time you open them.

Try opening and maximising your windows and close each one down from that setting, they should open that way then. j.

Krisps 17:31 30 Oct 03

Thanks for the interest Djohn, unfortunately that does not resolve the problem.

Stuartli 17:49 30 Oct 03

Try maximising a minimised window and then closing it down.

Pesala 17:58 30 Oct 03

This is what happened to My Opera all of a sudden when I clicked the restore button click here

Djohn is right, unless you're opening IE from a shortcut. Then you might have to change the shortcut properties to "Open Maximised" or "Open in Normal Windows."

Krisps 18:50 30 Oct 03

Thank you all. Perhaps I did not describe the problem accurately enough, the display was not fully minimised, i.e. on the task bar, but displayed as a very small window on the desktop.

Anyway, I resized by dragging the sides open to a sensible size, then closed, and everything now opens up to the proper size, so all is well.

Still do not have any idea how it got that way, though!

Djohn 19:04 30 Oct 03

You explained the problem well. Others seam to have this same problem at times, but I cannot reproduce it.

I have my browser window open in the minimised position so that I can have two, three or more windows open at the same time on the screen, then I just click on the centre button on the top right corner of the toolbar if I want to maximise one of them.

When I close down a window, it will always open to the same setting that I closed down at. Maximum/minimum/or as a button on the taskbar. I realise it must be something in the settings, but I can't find it. :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…