Internet website connection problems

CurlyWhirly 10:38 18 Jul 04

Does anyone get the problem of everything working okay as regards internet access and then the next day you can't access any websites?
What happens is the message (for example) 'connected to' is displayed by IE but the blue progress bar either slows right down or gets stuck and then you get a message saying that the website may be experiencing difficulties!
I know how to solve it but it is becoming a pain in the neck.
What I do is delete all cookies and internet files and then go to AOL > AOL system information > Utilities and I rebuild the AOL adapter and in most cases everything works again after the software redetects your BT Voyager ADSL modem?
Does anybody know WHY this happens?
It seems to happen at least twice a month!

CurlyWhirly 10:42 18 Jul 04

p.s. I forgot to say that it happens on ALL websites i.e. I can't access ANY websites but the strange thing is I can read and send e-mails!

Gingermum 14:14 18 Jul 04

Run windows update and firewall update recently?
Run Adaware and Spybot Search and destroy?
Apologies if you've already done that.

CurlyWhirly 15:18 18 Jul 04

Already done them - cheers anyway!

nyleridedog 15:25 18 Jul 04

try disabling your firewall when it happens and see if that does anything!

CurlyWhirly 15:28 18 Jul 04

I have already tried disabling my firewall - no luck!
My internet connection is working okay now but it is only after doing what I said in my opening thread that cures the problem!

CurlyWhirly 15:35 18 Jul 04

I have come to the conclusion that there is NO cure so I will close this thread!
Thank you everyone

nyleridedog 15:57 18 Jul 04

sounds like yer pc is cabbaged!

CurlyWhirly 16:37 18 Jul 04

No I don't think my PC is cabbaged it just plays up from time to time!
I am using it now so it couldn't be cabbaged! lol

nyleridedog 17:03 19 Jul 04

what i meant was that, if you can access email, but not internet then the problem is on the pc! not the isp! and if their is no cure well then your pc has a problem! if its not cabbaged then it is a smooth pc!

nyleridedog 17:04 19 Jul 04

why you give up so easy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…