Internet washer pro - uninstall

captain birdseye 11:10 01 Sep 03

one of thr ladies in the office has an anoying popup window which obscures the botton right of the screen. This popup always remains at the front and other windows cannot be brought in front of it. It has an option to "continue what I was doing" but this shrinks it for just a few seconds. I have identified it as being Internet Washer Pro but cannot delete it because the file is in use and there is not enough time between shrinking the popup and it reappearing to delete the file. Anybody got any bright ideas please?
Thanks

pcwhizz 11:23 01 Sep 03

Try MSCONFIG in the RUN box.
Go to startup and see if INTERNET WASHER PRO IS THERE.
UNTICK IT AND BOBS YOUR UNCLE

captain birdseye 11:33 01 Sep 03

If I only could....... typing msconfig in the run box results in the following error...."Cannot find the file 'msconfig' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

I have just tried it on another machine withe the same result.

Its Win 2k by the way.

Cheers

captain birdseye 12:19 01 Sep 03

Decided to grab the bull by the horns....just edited the registry and deleted all references to Internet Washer Pro. This seems to have worked. Still interested to know why I Can't run msconfig though.

Cheers

CB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…