Internet Virus?

prima12 18:05 18 Jul 04

I just tried to download a free malware program and have been told by my resident virus checker that I now have an infection. 'C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4FV3UCTT\security.openwares[1].htm (JS.URLSpoof.exploit infection)'. My E/Z A/V has detected it but not cleaned or removed it, does anybody know why, or what it is? Would just deleting the temporary internet files get rid of it?

Diodorus Siculus 18:09 18 Jul 04

Clear temp files then do another scan as well as an online scan if you are unsure: click here

prima12 18:38 18 Jul 04

Thanks for that Diodorus Siculus I did both and it has gone. It seems strange to me that a program designed to check for malware actually infects your PC with a virus, unless it's just a ploy to make out that you have a virus already, and that you need their program to clear it, or am I being just a little cynical ???? (:~/

micklemouse 18:43 18 Jul 04

I had this too, but it is listed as a virus on the McAfee site, so I guess it really is one. Not much help I know - sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…