internet use

boon_intheuk 22:31 05 Jan 10

I need to change ISP, bút most of the cheaper providers have a useage limit, is there some software or windows utility that measures internet use so I can get an idea of how much my family uses each month, I have a wireless network with two pc's and a laptop used on it.
Thanks.

Technotiger 22:52 05 Jan 10

click here and if you Google, you will find plenty more similar!

Input Overload 22:54 05 Jan 10
  Input Overload 22:55 05 Jan 10

this looks about the best I have seen, simple & free click here

boon_intheuk 23:32 05 Jan 10

Hi, when I install shaplus bandwidth monitor I get this error when I try to run it?
"runtime error 6 overload"

boon_intheuk 07:58 06 Jan 10

Hi, I found and installed NetWorx 5.0.8, it seems to be doing the job. However, will I need to install it on all the computers in my house that connect to the wireless network? or just the main one that the router is set up on?
Thanks for your help.

boon_intheuk 10:30 06 Jan 10

anyone?

interzone55 11:06 06 Jan 10

Have you looked at O2 - they have unlimited ADSL for £12.50 a month, and you save a fiver if you have an O2 mobile

click here

boon_intheuk 10:11 09 Jan 10

My local exchange is not LLU enabled so I could only get there £17.50 ADSL!

boon_intheuk 10:13 09 Jan 10

"BT have set a target date of Q4 2009 for the switch to 21CN for the Talgarth exchange" Anyone know if, when this happens, would the exchange be LLU enabled?

interzone55 15:42 09 Jan 10

No, I'm afraid it doesn't mean your exchange will be LLU enabled.

21CN is a totally different system than the standard phone network (PSTN - Public Switched Telephone Network).

21CN (21st Century Network) means basically shifting the whole network over to a digital TCP/IP system, in the long term this will mean faster ADSL connections, as the part of the connection from your ADSL router to the ISP equipment will no long be hobbled by switching between analogue to digital.

Read more about 21CN here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now