Internet Timer

OTT_B 20:58 09 Feb 10

Hi folks,
I'm looking for a free Internet Timer so that I can restrict the time the kids spend online.

Also I could use a firewall programme that I can set 'allowed' sites on (e.g. CBBC) and everything else is automatically blocked. Again, free would be nice, but a small cost is fine.

Thanks for any suggestions!

OTT_B

MAT ALAN 21:05 09 Feb 10

click here
this does it all...

rdave13 21:10 09 Feb 10

Windows 7 has it under 'parental control'.

OTT_B 21:19 09 Feb 10

Sorry, should have said, the laptop is running Vista.

rdave13 21:30 09 Feb 10
  MAJ 21:54 09 Feb 10

Or, if you're using a router to connect to the internet, check the router's configuration page, on most routers there is an option to restrict sites by time, by URL and by Keyword.

MAJ 22:15 09 Feb 10

Screenshot to show the options. click here

OTT_B 23:39 09 Feb 10

Hi all and thanks for your suggestions.

rdave12: I had a look through the Vista parental control, unfortunately the minimum 'allow' time is 1 hour, whereas the littlen' is restricted to a max of 30 mins per day, so need something more flexible.

MAJ: My modem / router is old. Very old! It lacks any capability to do anything but be a modem and router!

MAT ALAN: The most viable suggestion so far, but am not so keen on the USB memory stick. It's too likely to go missing in this house!

Please keep suggestions coming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…