//some 3rd party need geo

Internet Time Server

Phil49 11:23 19 Dec 03

Am using Windows XP and have selected the option to synchronise with a time server every 7 days. As I don't leave my PC switched on continuously it often misses the update. Can I edit the registry so that the time updates say once per day. My clock is losing approx 1 minute per week and I know it's probably nit picking! I remember reading how to do this in PC Advisor a few months ago but have lost the mag.

johnnyrocker 11:51 19 Dec 03

why not sync with atomic clock?

johnny.

MAJ 12:03 19 Dec 03

This link click here is for Win2000 but it might work for XP, Phil49.

Phil49 13:12 19 Dec 03

Thanks guys. I'll try the atomic clock solution. I've also had a look at MAJ's link to the Microsoft Knowledgebase article. Looks like Win XP is not quite the same but I've changed SpecialPollInterval to 86400 (was 604800) and will see if that works following a reboot.

Phil49 13:22 19 Dec 03

Have just rebooted the machine, updated the time and note that the next update is scheduled for the same time tomorrow. Success!!
Thanks again guys.

MAJ 13:32 19 Dec 03

Just to clarify for future searchers. Run Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient

Double-click on the "SpecialPollInterval" entry and change the Value to 86400 (Decimal) or 15180 (Hexadecimal), click OK and Exit the registry, then Reboot the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…