Internet Speed Boosters

machoe 09:21 16 Aug 04

Hello, I have a friend and he asked me if he can use these internet speed boosters. Now can someone please tell me what should I tell him? If he can use them or not. Thankyou

rawprawn 10:05 16 Aug 04

The word Bargepole immediately springs to mind.

Stuartli 10:25 16 Aug 04

This registry tweak I've mentioned many times before will provide a useful speed increase (in most cases) at no cost:

click here

techpro 10:40 16 Aug 04

Internet speed boosters and download accelerators are usually just a platform for spyware, adware and worse. Avoid.

Microsoft isn't as dumb as some people think, and there is rarely anything worthwhile to be gained from fiddling with the default settings.

Belatucadrus 10:45 16 Aug 04

Take their performance claims with a large pinch of salt, but here's a few to try if you want. RAS Accelerator 2.5 click here and Internet Connection booster 2000 click here . These only work in Windows 95 & 98, there is no point in installing on other Windows variants. Ashampoo Internet accelerator click here apparently works on all Windows variants.
Naviscope click here is a useful tool, but you need to configure the pre fetch to benefit from it properly.

Stuartli 10:47 16 Aug 04

This is a version for XP:

click here

Belatucadrus 10:57 16 Aug 04

techpro is partly right, many of the download accelerators are adware and include spyware. The software I have listed however is Freeware and clean of any junk, at least the last time I checked them.

Stuartli 15:04 16 Aug 04

Microsoft is following accepted Internet etiquette in this instance - tweaking the Registry overcomes such sudden MS heartburning..:-)

jon2 16:59 16 Aug 04

try Onspeed for £25 per year

Stuartli 17:56 16 Aug 04

Try keying OnSpeed into the Search engine near the top of the page..:-)

woodchip 18:08 16 Aug 04

Some thing work some things do not work, A good BT line is the first requisite. But also the unexpected check the last post in this thread click here

So the best thing is the above and getting the Right Driver, not necessarily the Latest driver as many will confirm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…