internet software

kestral 19:34 29 Mar 06

i have both a desktop and laptop PC which share a wireless adsl router, at presant they both run Mcaffee software for internet security, as one licence is due renewal i would like to find out the following information. 1. is it ok to run diferant makes of security software on machines that share a adsl router and are used for such things as file sharing?. 2. is free to use software such as AVG and Zonealarm suitable for use on my sort of system. thanks for any help with this mater

RobCharles1981 19:36 29 Mar 06

As far as I and everyone know AVG and Zone Alarm is totaly Free you can also try Avast Home Edition as well.......

Ikelos 19:37 29 Mar 06

well, i run the free AVG on both my wireless laptops and the free sygate firewall and never had a problem......and they run day and night.

ACOLYTE 19:39 29 Mar 06

I would say yes to both questions,i have different firewalls and virus scanners on both my pc's that are linked by a lan cable and i have never had any problems with it.I have to add i have never used a router so i dont know if that would make a difference.

Longhouse 22:02 29 Mar 06

I use a modem/router with hardware firewall along side Norton AV / Zonealarm / Spybot / Adaware on two machines with Avast / Zonealarm / Spybot / Adaware on a third with no problems. Also occasionally connect a fourth machine (laptop) with different OS and a different combination of protection (AVG).

No problems experienced

Longhouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5