Internet sites in system registry

wrg 10:08 01 Oct 08

Morning

In my registry in internet/zonemaps/domains there is a very long list of internet sites. There are a few sites listed that I certainly have not visited. No one has access to my laptop except me & my wireless internet is security protected. Can anyone explain why they may be listed?

VoG II 10:17 01 Oct 08

They are probably the restricted sites - in IE Tools > Options, Security tab, click on Restricted Sites then click the Sites button. Is that the same list?

wrg 10:22 01 Oct 08

VoG

Thanks for your reply. In the restricted sites it lists the numbers of sites and not the names. The list is no where near as long as the list in the registry.

woodchip 10:29 01 Oct 08

You could create a Restore point then Delete them from Regedit. If you have problems, put them back. But as Vog if its in Regedit its most likely got a reference in Windows

woodchip 10:30 01 Oct 08

Does it show a Path to where they are stored in windows?

wrg 10:31 01 Oct 08

I did delete all sites. When I rebooted they were back again.

wrg 10:32 01 Oct 08

woodchip

Thanks for your help. How would I find the path?

rdave13 10:51 01 Oct 08

Spywareblaster restricted sites.

wrg 11:03 01 Oct 08

Are the listed websites ones that have been visited or added by my AV programme (Kaspersky)?

woodchip 14:15 01 Oct 08

It may show path in Regedit where the e-mails are. you need to clear the sorce of these in Windows

iambeavis 14:29 01 Oct 08

As VoG™ said, they are "restricted sites" for "Internet Explorer" - a REG_DWORD value of (4) means "always block" whereas a value of (1) is "always allow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…