Internet Shortcut Opens Internet Properties

Radico 19:23 23 Aug 05

This problem has started happening today. All of my internet shortcuts simply open 'Internet Properties' instead of opening Internet Explorer. I have to access the internet through My Computer. Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers

VoG II 19:28 23 Aug 05

click here and try the Internet Explorer Desktop Icon Fix (Restore the default behavior for the Desktop IE icon).

Radico 19:34 23 Aug 05

No luck =(

Radico 19:59 23 Aug 05

I think I know what has caused it, but I don't know the cure.

Earlier I reinstalled Windows Messenger by opening 'Add/Remove Programs', going to 'Add/Remove Windows Components', ticking Windows Messenger only, and clicking Next on the wizard. It was a short time after this that I first noticed the problem. I have also just noticed that in my start menu, the 'Internet Explorer' and 'Outlook Express' shortcuts have changed to 'Internet' and 'E-mail', with different icons, and clicking on either will open the 'Internet Properties' window. Is there any way of reversing what I have done?

Radico 20:02 23 Aug 05

Also, I cannot simply remove Windows Messenger because it is not on the list in 'Add/Remove Programs'.

VoG II 20:14 23 Aug 05

System Restore to before you did this.

Radico 23:21 23 Aug 05

Yeah, that did the trick. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…