Internet shopping

Thomo1 16:23 27 Nov 04

I know its not this magazine but reading Tin Dantons article in PC PRO, he goes on to mention that you can pick CD's, DVD's and such like for prices like £6.99.
Does anybody know of any good sites to find these great prices?

I do use click here but there must be millions out there that you guys have tried and tested.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 16:40 27 Nov 04

Amazon.co.uk have some excellent prices.

click here are good too.

What was the "click here" you meant to post?

SEASHANTY 16:43 27 Nov 04

Local market has plenty of CD's and DVD's priced below £6-99 but they are not the latest items. For cheap prices ex vat and post free use Play.com. (has to be under £18 for UK customs purposes).

pj123 17:53 27 Nov 04

For a price comparison website try click here

Dorsai 18:14 27 Nov 04

A friend of mine orders from play. com, as mentioned above, almost weekly, and has had no problems. I am waiting for my first order to arrive. due tuesdayish.

QuickHare 19:11 27 Nov 04

What some magazines do is to tap in an item into a search engine and look at what prices they return without looking at what the hidden costs are. Some vendors may either sell you inferior, outdated or damaged stock cheaply, or add the profits onto the postage and packing.

I'm not saying these cheap sites are bad in any way, more to just be careful and see why they are selling so cheaply. It might be simply they believe in value, or it could be a devious ploy.

Thomo1 12:51 28 Nov 04

diodorus my "click here" was play.com m8.

i use that site quite frequently and have never had any probs.

It does grieve me sometimes tho cuz i payed £125GBP on series 1-5 of A Touch of Frost.

On there they have it for £66.99GBP.

aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

dan 11 13:25 28 Nov 04

Excellent taste.:-)

I have series 1-10 and they are by far my favourite way to relax.

SEASHANTY 21:55 28 Nov 04

Well as £66-99 is over the £18 UK Customs limit you could probably expect to pay an extra 17.5% VAT on that total plus the Royal Mail charge of around £4 for collecting the VAT on behalf of C&E.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…