Internet sharing Probs.

rupie 00:02 19 Feb 05

I have 3 computers that network with each other no problem, they have fixed ip addresses, with XP. Have got an internet connection from 1 of them. I cannot get the connection to be shared !! I have run the network wizard on all pc's. The connedction is set up to shere. Explorer is set to never dial a connection. The fire wall is happy to let me share things between pc's and even if i remove firewalls the client pc's do not see a connection. The 1 pc is set up as a host pc. There are no conflicts or errors The 2 lothers just cannot see a connection Help

LastChip 00:31 19 Feb 05

in the back of my mind, for Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)to work, you need DCHP working on the host computer (the one connected directly to the Internet). In other words, you need dynamic addresses.

If you don't wish to do that, forget ICS and click here to download Proxy, a proxy server that will let you do what you want to with fixed addresses. Just follow the instructions in the help file.

FelixTCat 07:30 19 Feb 05

If you have fixed the IP addresses, have you also fixed the Gateway to 192.168.0.1, the IP address of the host computer?

You may also have to put in the address of your ISP's DNS (it should have given you that information).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…