internet sharing problem

snoresloudly 12:52 12 Apr 03

Have finally got round to setting up the home network on 2 pcs running win me, can see each pc and access file/printer etc, but pronblem is now cannot share the b/broad connection. I have done the internet sharing wizard etc but when I go to try it on the client pc all I get is dns error. both firewalls have been disabled to see if it was that but no joy.

Any ideas where I have gone wrong????

Lozzy 12:58 12 Apr 03

Even if you disable the fire wall it won't allow the connection.. Remove it get the internet connection then re install and configure it.

snoresloudly 13:16 12 Apr 03

LOZZY,

done that and still no joy!!, any other other ideas??

billyliv 13:24 12 Apr 03

Hi, Buy a 'Router'. It will also come in handy if any of your mates come round with a laptop. Cheers, Bill

Rich84 13:30 12 Apr 03

I have a similar set up and needed to install a proxy server to enable shared internet connection. I am currently using SpoonProxy. Available at click here. It's free for a 2 PC network and was easy to install and run. Good luck

snoresloudly 16:24 12 Apr 03

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, d/loaded spoonproxy but it would not work--- d/loaded anolox but it kept disconnecting the client pc, finally d/loaded winproxy (which free for 2users) and it is all now up and running well.

Again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…