internet sharing on network is a problem

Nessie 21:50 16 Mar 04

I have a network on a crossover cable. The host can connect to the internet, which is broadband, no problem. On the laptop I can connect by pressing on the connection and it opens the connection but when ever I press the ie icon on the laptop whether the connection is open or not the dial up comes up with my normal dial up connection, no broadband, and if I cancel it says working off line. It used to work so I do not know what is going on. Help please

Nessie 22:13 16 Mar 04

The problem seems to be in the tcp/ip settings. In the host it has IP address 192.168.0.1 sub net 255.255.255.0 with no default gateway. my laptop has ip 192.168.0.2 same sub net and default gateway of 192.168.0.1. If I run the network wizard again the connection then works but the ip address is set to automatic. The broadband works but then my zonealarm firewall stops the network working as each pc can not see the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…