Internet sharing ad hoc

nick35 11:13 13 Feb 05

I have connected the 2 computers using a d link card & file / printing sharing is fine. However, I cannot use the internet on the 2nd computer. I have allowed windows to allocate an IP address & I have entered one myself but to no avail. There is no icon showing on the second computer for the internet.

On the 2nd computer when I go into into connections in internet explorer the dial up & virtual settings box is blank. When I try to add a connection, there are 3 options, all 'cable' available (com 1, 2 & parallel)& no wireless ones.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Hayrick 11:43 13 Feb 05

We appear to have similar problems. The desktop uses a D-Link DWL-G520+ and the laptop Broadcom 802.11b. File and printer sharing are fine. I installed the Broad band program on the laptop and have all the icons but cannot connect it via the adhoc wireless. I am at a loss as to the reason – tried everything I can – but like yourself HELP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…