internet sharing

pete-290318 00:25 24 Jan 03
  pete-290318 00:25 24 Jan 03

I have 2 pc's networked with a crossover cable. all has been well with internet sharing and file & printer sharing until I have changed to ntl's cable broadband. Now the itnternet sharing will not work and I think I've tried every change of setting to try and get it to work. The modem is USB and also has a rj45 socket . will I have toi get a network hub or switch to get it to work or has anybody got any suggestions that may get me online on both again.

cheers

fitshase 00:32 24 Jan 03

I have Blueyonder broadband. Under their terms, you have to register the MAC address of your network card (rj45 connection) with Blueyonder on their website. The modem then allows that computer to use the connection.

I'm not familier with Internet Connection Sharing but I think the best thing to get is a router and connect the modem to it with the rj45, and then connect the computers to the router. It is a lot more secure as it has a built in firewall (a must for broadband) and means that you don't have to have both computers on at once.

Hope this helps

Regards

Fitshase

pete-290318 00:42 24 Jan 03

thanks

thought that might be the case but good point about the router alowing either pc to access net without need for both to be on at same time

jazzypop 03:12 24 Jan 03

All you need to know is at click here and click here

pete-290318 21:34 24 Jan 03

thanks guys ... after a lot of messin, its all working fine now ..not sure what was stopping it but after going through all settings and reinstalling bits its working ....writing this on client pc as daughter surfs on main pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…