Internet Sharing

rhayman 16:24 21 Nov 03

is it possible to share a adsl connection across 2 pc's without networking.
e.g. using a special hub or something?

i suck at this stuff btw

A_World_Maker 16:31 21 Nov 03

You can share a connection between 2 computers without creating a network, by using a router. Modem Routers (a router and modem combined) are easier to set up.

rhayman 16:40 21 Nov 03

cool, could you direct me to a website with more information, how much etc.

rhayman 16:41 21 Nov 03

one more thing that might be a problem, the reason i cant setup a network is because the second pc (laptop) is already set up on a business network so access rights are restricted :(

rhayman 16:43 21 Nov 03

and this will probably be a bt adsl connection

click here

could this help?

rhayman 16:55 21 Nov 03

do BT do 2mbit, i been looking on the website and its total crap and give no information?

A_World_Maker 16:59 21 Nov 03

try this for info click here

click here to buy ... or here click here

A_World_Maker 17:01 21 Nov 03

oppss the simply wouldnt work.. so try this click here

A_World_Maker 17:15 21 Nov 03

one supplier click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
and click here for info... 2mb isnt cheap... I wonder what you want such a fast speed?
I personally use tiscali 512kbps Broadband and can do almost anything over the internet click here

rhayman 20:31 21 Nov 03

thankyou for youre help, so i will be able to share an internet connection using the BELKIN CABLE/DSL GATEWAY ROUTER without the need for networking?

A_World_Maker 22:42 21 Nov 03

yes you can..... the router simply allows each call for a webpage, be routed to the relevant computer requesting it. Each computer is plugged into the router which acts as a 'gateway' which can be left switched on all the time. Your Modem is plugged into the router, unless you buy a model that incorporates a modem within.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…