Internet Setup

Lynxjock 11:00 24 Jul 04

I am slightly perplexed! Having just bought a new computer with XP loaded and having tryed to reload Virgin 24 seven as my ISP I have a small problem. After entering user name, password, etc and whem going back into setup I find that it has changed my password into a longer one (by 6 digits). So every time I want to log on I have to manually change my password back into the correct one. Can anyone tell me how to ensure that the real one is saved as I have tryed to do without it reverting to the random incorrect password?

leo49 11:35 24 Jul 04

Have you tried clicking connect regardless? Are you sure the ACTUAL password has changed? XP displays extra **** as a camourflage security measure - it doesn't actually alter the underlying password you've entered and saved.

Lynxjock 11:53 24 Jul 04

Oh my God! Thankyou very much and I feel a bit stupid. You were right and sorry to waste your valuable time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…