Internet security tag will not allow 'Low' setting

JAS100 21:58 24 Sep 05

I am running Win XP Home
I cannot download an ActiveX control from Mcafee. I want to temporarily set my Internet Property's 'Security' tag to 'low', but I just get an error message saying it should be set to 'Medium' and the setting automatically returns to 'Medium' again. How do I overcome this?

regards John

Number 7 22:49 24 Sep 05

You should be able to download the control with the setting at Medium.

If you're having trouble, try resetting the Security to the Default click here

Failing that, if you're sure about the site, you can enter its address into the Trusted websites list.

JAS100 23:11 24 Sep 05

Thanks but the Default and Custom buttons are greyed out. I cannot use them

VoG II 23:16 24 Sep 05
  JAS100 08:47 25 Sep 05

Thanks for the reply. I am unable to run regedit (or for that matter msconfig) from the 'Start' menu.

I have since noticed that whilst Kapersky antivirus and Mcafee antivirus can be installed (one at a time) these will not run either. I suspected that Norton Antivirus incomplete Uninstallation was the problem but now womder if it could be a virus. How do I find out if I am unable to run antivirus software and cannot get the Mcafee online virus search to work?
Regards John.

VoG II 09:22 25 Sep 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…