Internet Security Suite from PCA

Buchan 35 21:29 21 Jan 05

Has anyone found that this programme is not compatible with Avast!. If so, which one do you offload?

Technotiger 21:41 21 Jan 05

Hi mate, I have the cd, but not using it, sticking with my tried and trusted ZA/AVG.

Just noticed you have two threads running here - mighty confusing, eh what!!

I am still 'teaching' Old Person New to Comp's,
on a one-to-one level.... :-))

GaT7 21:46 21 Jan 05

If you mean eScan Internet Security Suite, then it's AV component may be clashing with Avast. Try disabling Avast (also in the Startup items) & reboot to see what happens. Also, make sure to disable any other firewall you may have running.

eScan is shareware, so I would think it has a limited trial period. After the trial period is over & you don't want to keep/purchase it uninstall it & re-enable Avast (& your other firewall, if applicable). If you want to keep eScan after the trial, purchase it & uninstall Avast. G

GaT7 21:47 21 Jan 05

For the duplicate thread click here

Dennis1 21:48 21 Jan 05

Hi I've just seen this other post.It's not a good idea to run to AV's on your pc could cause problems, you either want avast or e-scan but not both.Dennis

Dennis1 22:26 21 Jan 05

Thanks for your link,it get's a bit confusing when there's two running,what you've said is true e-scan has 6months free updates then you have to purchase it, so unless anyone's seriously thinking of using it and purchasing it I can't see the point you'll still have to update avast or whatever AV you're going to revert to.Dennis

Buchan 35 22:34 21 Jan 05

Thanks for that input gang mucc appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…