Internet Security Software Options for Vista

Blitzer 13:57 29 Apr 07

Previously posted in Vista Helproom but no replies...

Girlfriend has just got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium which came with a 60 day trial of Norton Internet Security pre-installed. Although Norton works fine, we're keen to switch to something less bloated and resource hungry when the trial ends.

I use AVG Free and ZoneAlarm Free on my XP desktop PC which I'm quite happy with. However, I see ZoneAlarm is not yet Vista compatible and the other half would prefer an "all-in-one" solution like Norton. Having looked at the AVG website we see they do such a package, but I've no idea how good the AVG firewall is?

Although free software is nice it's not essential and the AVG option works out quite cheap - the package covers 3 PCs for 2 years (works out about £8 a year per PC).

Anyone here have experience of the AVG Internet Security Suite (home version) or know if it is any good? Failing that any recommendations for other alternatives?

Probabilitydrive 14:08 29 Apr 07

Have a look at these sites
click here
click here
click here
click here

I am waiting for my Vista system, which I'll receive middle next month and will than be confronted with the same questions. the above sites should provide some answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…