Internet Security problems - pc confused...

jon_hoggy 12:37 07 Feb 07

the problems started when my F-Secure internet security subscription expired
it asked me if i wanted to renew the subscription and i said no and instead i installed new software
this somehow confused the pc so i uninstalled it, which didnt work, so i tried system restore but that lead to more problems and error messages
to cut a long story short, the security software wont allow me to access the internet,
it wont show on the add/remove programs list (to uninstall it), it wont let me install any other internet security software(it freezes when i do) and i cant access the security softwares control panel to switch off the firewall etc

so can anyone advise how to remove software other than the add/remove method in the control panel ?

or offer any other advise ?

cheers in advance

recap 12:39 07 Feb 07

Ccleaner may remove it for you? click here to download Ccleaner

big bloke66 13:18 07 Feb 07

Hi
Did you uninstall F-Secure first before you installed your new security software?.
Ps...have you tried in safe mode?,also what problems & error messages did you get from system restore?.
bb66.

Totally-braindead 13:25 07 Feb 07

I would try safe mode, delete both programs, run ccleaner than restart normally and install the one anti virus you wish to use.
Hopefully that would work.

jon_hoggy 15:45 07 Feb 07

Did you uninstall F-Secure first before you installed your new security software?

i tried using the XP remove program tool and it said it had removed it but it hadnt removed properly, as pc was still reporting it was running it in the Security Centre. But then F-Secure said some of the files were missing and couldnt operate properly, but when i try to install a new version, it just hangs on the installer window and nothing happens.

have you tried in safe mode ?
not sure what this is, can you fill me in.

what problems & error messages did you get from system restore?

i dont get errors from the restore, it goes back in time ok and then says the subscription has expired but wont let me connect to net to re-subscribe and i am unable to access the F-Secure menu to toggle the settings.

VoG II 15:47 07 Feb 07

Safe Mode click here

jon_hoggy 15:47 07 Feb 07

Ccleaner may remove it for you

Thanks will try that, but am unable to get on net to download any utilities at mo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple