Internet security on new PC

logoff 13:03 26 Sep 13
Answered

I am going to get a new PC shortly. I already have a licence for this years Norton Internet security for 3 PC's so intend ordering without anything from the PC manufacturer pre-installed. Is there anyway of copying the programme from my current PC and installing it (can't see how) as otherwise would have to go to the Norton website, download and add licence key etc. etc. This will take some time. Appreciate any suggestions.

Press Man 13:21 26 Sep 13

I belive that would not be possible as it is an installed program which puts a multitude of entries in to the registry and could not be fully or acurately copied. Best bet is, if you are getting a nice new machine with everything newly installed and fresh, then I would download and install NIS, this way everything is a new install and evrything should "play nicely" together.

Woolwell 13:32 26 Sep 13
Answer

The only way is to download, install with license key unless you have an original cd. You cannot copy from one machine to the other.

logoff 18:15 26 Sep 13

Thanks Press Man and Woolwell. I thought as much -my only concern was potential vulnerability whilst downloading and activating. Suppose can use Windows firewall for short time? Best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…