Internet security

Patc 11:19 AM 22 Aug 12

At present I have Kaspersky internet security on my machine and it has been suggested that I change to Norton Internet security. To achieve this I know that I have to remove Kaspersky by using the removal tool. I also need to download Norton. Would it be easier to purchase a copy of norton so that it is to hand - lessening the timescale.

Thank you

Nontek 13:00 PM 22 Aug 12

IMHO you do not need Norton, especially by purchasing.

As far as I am aware, Kaspersky if a good enough program but it would not hurt to download/install MalwareBytes free version.

MalwareBytes click here

Patc 13:06 PM 23 Aug 12

Nontek

Thank you for your reply. I have never heard of malwarebytes is this a substitute for Kaspersky or an added security measure?

Nontek 13:13 PM 23 Aug 12

It is in addition to Kaspersky.

I have never used Kaspersky, but I do know it is an Anti-virus program, which is fine.

MalwareBytes is a anti-Malware program, which many people, including myself, use alongside their own choice of anti-virus - I use Microsoft Security Essentials to combat virus'.

But never use two anti-virus programs on same PC.

xania 11:01 AM 24 Aug 12

My only concern about MSE is the fact that it does not scan e-mails, but I believe AVG provide a separate scanner for this. Others will have a different view - I've been with Norton Internet Security for as long as I can remember and for £23 pa get cover for 3 PC's. But, as I say, others will have a different view.

wee eddie 16:09 PM 24 Aug 12

xania: I was under the impression that MSE Scanned all incoming stuff, including e-mails.

Maybe someone will confirm/deny this impression.

Eddie

Nontek 17:34 PM 24 Aug 12
  recap 17:08 PM 25 Aug 12

I'm in a little bit of disagreement with nontech on their suggestion as to not use two antivirus progams. I have used two for years without any conflict. One is enabled while the other is disabled. The reason is if i suspect I have a virus that program one has not detected I use program two when in safemode.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…