internet security

kimisam 19:16 18 Feb 07

Hi,
I think my web browser is being hijacked, I keep getting messages about my pc is infected with a virus and asking me to buy pc doctor. I am running window xp and avg free version and it tells me my pc is up to date.
I am using IE7 and norton security is keep on telling me that I am not protected against one of fast spreading virus too.
I had update my pc and downloaded windows defender from microsoft website. a full scan was performed and its been ok, but I still getting message from norton, can anyone tell me is there a virus going round that I might not be protected against?
many thanks.

VoG II 19:19 18 Feb 07

Try running these:

Ad-aware click here
Spybot click here
Superantispyware click here
AVG Antispyware click here
A-squared click here

birdface 19:26 18 Feb 07

Have you got or had Norton on your computer, If you no longer have it ,You need to use the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of it completely.

skidzy 19:27 18 Feb 07

Do you have two Antivirus programs installed AVG and Norton ?

If so remove one as conflicts will appear and this may be the reason why you get these warnings.

kimisam 19:30 18 Feb 07

Hi,
thanks for all your replies.
skidzy, I do have norton which comes with my pc, but it has expired.
vog, I will try them and will be back soon.
cheers

Jimmy14 19:32 18 Feb 07

You won't be protected from viruses or spyware with Norton if it has expired. This means you won't receive security updates each day to protect you from all of these threats. You should renew your subscription.

skidzy 19:32 18 Feb 07

As advised earlier remove the norton with the removal tool click here
then run ccleaner click here and reboot

Nellie2 19:35 18 Feb 07

Are you sure it is PC Doctor you are being nagged to buy? If it is System Doctor then RogueRemover should take care of it for you click here

kimisam 00:45 20 Feb 07

Hi all,
I am still getting "you are not protected against 1 rapidly spreading threat" from norton, as I am using AVG free version and my subscription with norton has ended long ago, but it still active! is this normal?
many thanks

skidzy 06:53 20 Feb 07

Have you actually followed any of the advice given ?

You need to remove Norton using the Norton Removal tool and run the programs advised.

birdface 10:20 20 Feb 07

I dont suppose it is anything to do with this, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…