internet security

Oxyjon 18:30 23 Apr 05

If I have 2 pc's running at home on a network do i have to have 2 copies of security software.
at the moment my pc has Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 do i need to buy another copy?
regards oxy

VoG II 18:33 23 Apr 05

Well, you should have at least anti-virus on the second PC.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:04 23 Apr 05

e.g. map your C drive on PC1 as Z drive on PC2, go into my computer on PC2 right click Z drive and choose "Scan with..." or whatever option you get regarding your AV.

I do this on my network. I have AVG on my PC and bitdefender on my laptop (both free versions) about once a month I will scan one with the other's AV. Like a double check.

HTH

Tas

maz2 22:55 23 Apr 05

I have 2 PC's on a home network and am running Trend Micro, you are supposed to have a separate licence for each PC but I installed on both and they both update ok and have done for 2 years, occasionally they ask for me to verify that I am the user but other than that it works ok, I don't suppose you are supposed to do it but it gets very expensive when you have to buy more that 1 licence. If you purchased it as a download you should always back up the download files on a disc in case you lose them so I used that to install it

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:06 23 Apr 05

Before doing the above you ought to read the EULA.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Tas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…