INTERNET SEARCHES

fatbrainslim 00:34 01 Aug 07

ANYBODY KNOW A GOOD HTML INDEX ALGORITHIM TO HELP GET YOURSELF BETTER NOTED ON SEARCH ENGINES

louandel 07:40 01 Aug 07

As far as i know there is no such thing as a "good index alogarithm" to get yourself better noted on the search engines. Search engines keep their alogatithms top secret and so to crack one and use it would not be possible.

louandel

fatbrainslim 00:41 02 Aug 07

i realise that there is no magic "algorithm" for searches, but i was hoping if somebody had a piece of html code that could guide me as to the best way to help the search engine find me.. ie should i give a content heading to every html page, and it is best to put comas, hyphens, semi colons etc, to help on hinder the search engine.
basically there must be a reason why a search engine brings up one site instead of another, or is this purely random, because if sites keep coming up first, then they must have something that helps better selection.
its either code or how they list preferences.

rachwelian 12:40 02 Aug 07

What you're talking about is called SEO, or 'search engine optimisation'. Google that and do some reading.

AND DON'T TALK IN CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE YELLING!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos