internet screens have disappeared

running windows xp home...
why cant i get my internet screens to appear when i am online...
have ticked all the appropriate boxes on all the settings but still they dont appear...
please please please someone help...

Jester2K II 15:59 07 Oct 03

Double click Internet Explorer icon??

Please explain properly.

padawan 16:01 07 Oct 03

VoG II 16:04 07 Oct 03

If you mean that clicking a hyperlink does nothing (I'm guessing here...)

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

Jester2K II 16:34 07 Oct 03

the two little srenns that appear in the notification area when u go online... the dont come up ne more even though i have ticked all the boxes in settings to say show icon in notification area..
also when i click out of internet explorer my do u wish to diconnect window does not appear either... even though the box is ticked there also...

padawan 16:57 07 Oct 03

is this the same cornick who put out that rediculous for help on how to cook a chicken.

Jester2K II 16:59 07 Oct 03

VoG II 17:00 07 Oct 03

Control Panel, Network Connections, right click connection, select Properties. Tick "Show icon in notification area when connected".

Jester2K II 17:01 07 Oct 03

Sorry but cornick did say "ticked all the boxes in settings to say show icon in notification area"

VoG II 17:10 07 Oct 03

It was the "ALL the boxes" that made me wonder where he/she had done this.

Jester2K II 17:13 07 Oct 03

I guess under all the different options. Seen some PCs and was true this morning on another thread that some people have Ethernet cards, network adaptors, 56k modems etc plugged in and each has its own "show icon in notification area" ticky box.

Took a while this morning to get the right one...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…