Internet Radio & Streaming Servers

khaki_avenger 14:57 11 May 04

Hi all,

Hello everyone this is my first post on this DG so please be gentle..

Im after some advice for the set up of my own internet radio station. In my youth i used to DJ and have quite a few tapes and CDs that i have done over the years..

I have now semi-retired and had a keen interest in computers for the last 5 years.. I have now converted my analogue tapes digiatly onto my computer by MP3 and im now wanting to publish these onto the web.

Rather than people downloading and listening to them i would like to set up some kind of radio station. After some reasearch and looking at various options that are availble to me i'm not sure what would be the best way of creating this. i would like full control and would not want to be restricted by adverts etc... The site would probally be up for a couple of hours a week just to play a set.

I have an ADSL line at home so could easily host from there? Or could I?

I have recently been informed about Streaming Servers which i think maybe the answer im looking for.. but can i have my PC as a streaming server aswell as my PC or will i have to invest in a dedicated machine to handle the streaming server.

Any advice would be most appreciated

SANTOS7 15:13 11 May 04

click here this should help, good luck

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:23 11 May 04

You can set up your own station here but there are adverts. To be honest you have little chance of setting up a station without adverts click here has to pay the man.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…