Internet Radio

heavymetalkid 22:27 04 Nov 05

Chaps, re my last posting about receiving BBC 6 and 7 on Windows Media, I've downloaded Real Player and Winamp. I, stupidly thought it would be Hunky Dory from there on in, however this is the world of computers where, if anything is simple or easy, it has to be over complex, difficult and downright impossible.
When I click play BBC7 on Real Player I get a Google page offering me information????? Can anyone help? Why didn't I just buy a DAB radio?

Kev.Ifty 22:39 04 Nov 05

I dont know what your last postings said ..But..

Winamp is one of those programmes that likes to be incharge.

Try this for me... Open Windows Media Player.. Click on TOOLS/OPTIONS in the new window select the FILE TYPES tab, then click SELECT ALL button. Then close it (WMP)

Now go to

click here

Click 'Listen Live' What Happens?

britto 22:41 04 Nov 05

click here
this is the bbc radio homepage and if you have realplayer or alternative realplayer installed just select your fav station, you could also keep a shortcut of this on your desktop

heavymetalkid 23:45 04 Nov 05

Thanks Guys..Britto-I did what you said, clicked on your link, didn't get BBC homepage,got CLICHO
Web Hosting page????
Kev Ifty,followed instructions,fine to "close", your next stage was click on "here". No such link on my screen.

britto 23:48 04 Nov 05

? link ok with my machine

Stuartli 23:51 04 Nov 05

>>Winamp is one of those programmes that likes to be in charge.>>

If it beats RealPlayer and real.com I'll be surprised. You have to configure RealPlayer to do exactly what YOU want it to do and not real.com

Earlier versions of Windows Media Player had superb radio coverage, including most of the US police, fire and ambulance services but, like the UK, these are becoming more and more difficult to access with the advent of digital radio equipment for these public services.

britto 23:56 04 Nov 05

Kev.Ifty's link works as well, I have been useing real alternative for bbc progs for a while no problems.

Kev.Ifty 00:27 05 Nov 05

I have found that if i use Winamp. It then thinks it can take over and become my default player.

The only way that I know to address this is to use the TOOLS thing to make WMP my Default player.

If i want to listen to a BBC Broad cast. I go to the BBC web site and select the Program from there.

click here

The Broadcast that i want to listen to then opens in the BBC Radio Player.

? Kev

heavymetalkid 22:21 05 Nov 05

Thanks fellers... I'm buying a dab radio....easier!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…