Internet Query

purplestar 23:07 05 May 06

My service provider is just about to upgrade my internet speed. Now previously I was on an unlimited package, I could download as much as I wanted to. Now they tell me that there will be a 15GB download threshold per month and I have to pay for every MB that exceeds it. I just wondered whether they mean downloading in the classic sense of files downloaded etc or does every page I look at when I surf count towards the 15GB total?

If anyone knows what they mean then I would be grateful for your help, cheers.

terryf 23:09 05 May 06

Don't know but Eclipse allow unlimited and only a monthly contract

purplestar 23:12 05 May 06

There are lots of packages I could choose instead but I'm not actually in the UK at the moment and as such only have one service provider to choose from where I am. I chose this site because its the best one on the net but thank you anyway :)

remind 23:30 05 May 06

Your entire usage is counted; surfing, downloading, streaming audio/video, the whole lot.

purplestar 23:34 05 May 06

cheers very much, and now I'm just wondering if 15GB a month with a whole family who use the net is gonna be enough. I should have known they would do something stupid when they were upgrading me.

woodchip 23:35 05 May 06

Everything that comes to your computer, including cookies that you may not want are part of the 15GB

purplestar 23:36 05 May 06

thanks, which again leaves me with the feeling that they are idiots and out to gain money cos looking at it now, 15GB a month is gonna dwindle pretty quickly.

woodchip 23:45 05 May 06

You can reduce some of the unwanted. Like some Adds pop-ups etc. If you wanted to go to extremes you could stop Pics and just have text. But it defeats having BB

remind 23:45 05 May 06

This will tot up all your net usage; click here

purplestar 23:48 05 May 06

cheers to you both and you're right woodchip, it actually defeats the point of BB when they're restricting people like this. Reminds me of the old days when BT had the monopoly on everything and made money hand over fist.

Stuartli 23:54 05 May 06

I've been on 2GB a month limit and on 1MB a month unlimited during the past 13 months - I'm on my computer around 12 to 15 hours a day and I've never yet even come anywhere near the 2GB limit.

Mind you I don't download large music or video downloads as I don't really need such a service, but even those that I do haven't come anywhere near the limit.

Download the Tautology Bandwidth Meter from:

click here

and you will quickly gain an idea of how much you download on a daily/monthly basis.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…