Internet protection which one??

mark mcc 20:04 20 Apr 06

hello

i have bought a new laptop and i want to know what internet and virus protection i should use my choices are

1. Norton Internet Security 2006
2. Bullgaurd 5.1

can you tell me whick one i should go for.

Thanks Mark

SG Atlantis® 20:09 20 Apr 06

AVG or avast free editions.
Adaware
spybot s d
Zone Alarm/ kerio free editions.

all free

yaesu 20:10 20 Apr 06

I'd use AVG and Zone Alarm, they're free! I had Norton back in 94 and said never again for me. Good luck
Yaesu

mark mcc 20:13 20 Apr 06

Thanks Guys!!!

Mark

BigRik 20:15 20 Apr 06

I don't have experience of either Norton or Bullguard, but if you have decided on one of those two and don't want any of SG Atlantis® suggestions then all I can tell you is that from what I have read many, many times on this forum is that Norton is somewhat of a system hog, so you may be better off using Bullguard.

Good luck choosing. There are many! A forum search could help you decide.

Totally-braindead 20:27 20 Apr 06

Don't know anything at all about Bullguard. Actually I've never heard of it so thats probably not a good sign. Norton is ok, I used to use it but moved away from it and onto the free ones because I started having trouble with the Norton. It has been mentioned many times that Norton is a system hog causing the computer to run slower. I must say that personally I never noticed it but know that others have.

If you haven't already bought Norton I would suggest exactly what SG Atlantis® has suggested. And of course its free. I use AVG anti virus, zone alarm firewall and have adaware and counterspy. You do pay for counterspy if you use it though its the only one that isn't free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…