Internet Properties-Security-View objects

NickyK 21:50 16 Nov 04

While using Mcafee helpline I was advised to do this:

Click:

Intenet Properties/General/Settings/View Objects and delete all in the View Objects sector.

This was because I was having problems reinstalling Mcafee VirusScan (which had inexpilcably died) and they wanted me to set IE as my default browser (I use Windows XP and run AOL 9.0).

Why would I need to delete the stuff in view objects?

And is this the right forum to ask a question like this, or should I post this in a different forum. I don't know where to post general questions which are not obviously "Help me please!" kinda questions.

NickyK 03:21 03 Dec 04

Resolved

NickyK 03:28 03 Dec 04

This turned out to be a compatability problem. I installed a different Anti-Virus. I also found out all about what I posted above.

The above was probably a naif post, but you genii out there must remember that some of we beginners are still in need of help.

And how did I solve my dichotemy?

I used hijack this, RegSeeker, and ccleaners to get the Mcafee out of my system (it did turn out to be an expired licence); then I installed virus scanners of my choice - as advised eleswehere on this site. (Don't worry, still got Firewall).

My apologies for not closing this sooner. I am just sorry no one read it.

Bye,

NickyK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…